My "bow lady" who used to sell the cutest bows on eBay has been out of commission for the last several months and our bow collection is starting to look a little meager- many have been lost as small things carried everywhere often are... I tried to find someone else making them the way she does on eBay, but either everyone else seemed to be so different or sooo much more expensive that I just couldn't make it work... so I dug up her email address and emailed her personally to ask when/if she was coming back. Turns out she's expecting her 3rd child in October and not coming back to the business til at least January! I couldn't wait that long- I got a little desperate- so I went to Hobby Lobby and stocked up on ribbon and tried to give myself an extra sense of patience... and gave it a try! It took me about 3 hours yesterday, but I made these 6 bows that I think are at least passable! My favorite is the top left one with purple spots. :) I'm sure that I'll get better with a little more practice- because I was glad to learn that it really isn't that hard. :)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
New Hobby
My "bow lady" who used to sell the cutest bows on eBay has been out of commission for the last several months and our bow collection is starting to look a little meager- many have been lost as small things carried everywhere often are... I tried to find someone else making them the way she does on eBay, but either everyone else seemed to be so different or sooo much more expensive that I just couldn't make it work... so I dug up her email address and emailed her personally to ask when/if she was coming back. Turns out she's expecting her 3rd child in October and not coming back to the business til at least January! I couldn't wait that long- I got a little desperate- so I went to Hobby Lobby and stocked up on ribbon and tried to give myself an extra sense of patience... and gave it a try! It took me about 3 hours yesterday, but I made these 6 bows that I think are at least passable! My favorite is the top left one with purple spots. :) I'm sure that I'll get better with a little more practice- because I was glad to learn that it really isn't that hard. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
they are beutiful. i think I need one for Emma. Any for sale?
sorry i can't spell. I mean't beautiful
beautiful! I love that one too! Thanks for the comment my friend.
Those look great! I think you should start your own business- I'd place an order now! :)
wow you got a lot of comments for a post on bows! But I agree, they do look lovely.
uuu I like the pink and brown one!
~Kasey
i second the vote for pink & brown--have you ever visited 'etsy.com'... they have lots of good crafts for sale. you can search by location, color, category. it's a neat site :)
Post a Comment