Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Guess Who...

Is starting SCHOOL tomorrow?!!
Today I took Carolyn to her new school for orientation- her first day of pre-K is tomorrow. I have a headache and I'm too tired tonight to write about all my feelings about this huge milestone in our lives... but suffice it to say, I am supremely confident that this is the right place for Carolyn, and that the marvelous teacher who will be leading her through this next year is exactly the right person to be in this role in her life. She will spend the next year bathed in the love of a woman who just bubbles over her love for God and for the children in her care. PLUS, I get to be a "room mom!" I can't wait to see what fun experiences await us as we begin the school years... though I can't help choking up a little bit when I think about how such a short time ago, she was my tiny baby- and now she's going to be a big school kid! She even gets to take the bus home tomorrow. :)

No comments: