Friday, September 3, 2010

Already?

It's funny when you look forward to something for a long time- when the time for whatever it is finally arrives, it always seems to have snuck up on you. So here we are, on Alaska Eve. Tomorrow we fly out to Seattle, enjoy a quick evening with very good friends, join them for worship on Sunday, and the Sapphire Princess sets sail at 4pm on Sunday afternoon.

Our bags are (mostly) packed... and I guess I'm as ready to go as I can be. I've struggled with on and off periods of feeling really sad about leaving the girls... though I know it is going to be a really special time and something that their daddy and I really need... still, they've been almost part of me for nearly 5 years now (it was almost exactly 5 years ago that Carolyn came to be!)- I hardly know what to do without one on my hip and the other one by the hand! :) I'm going to miss them terribly... sniff... I'm already looking forward to coming home and we haven't even left yet!

But at the same time, I'm totally excited for the trip. And excited to blog it too- because for me, the pictures and the blogging are half the fun! And the other half of the fun will be spending an entire uninterrupted week with my other half. :)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

thats the exact same ship we are going to take in May wow. tell us what you think. I had a fellow nurse just get off the same ship about 4 weeks ago and they had a wonderful time. Have a great time you guys