Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Little Lady in Red

One of my favorite things about having a little baby again is getting to dress her! I actually get excited when one of those digestive malfunctions occurs because then I get to pick out a new outfit. :) There are so many cute things to choose from- and it causes me real grief when she outgrows a size! :)
Yesterday I put her in this adorable red sweater and just thought she looked so cute I had to take about 20 pictures... :) She's also modeling my latest creative attempt: little bitty hair clips to fit in her fine, soft baby hair. I've seen these online but can't stomach paying $7 for them when I can make something similar for about a quarter! Mine aren't as great as the ones online but they do accomplish the goal of making her look like a girl without making her look just like Carolyn (who wore headbands with big bows every day as a baby).
And here's a snoozy picture... Nora is three weeks old now, and she still sleeps quite a bit, but is starting to settle into a more regular pattern now. Most of the day she "cycles" between eating, being awake for awhile, and falling asleep again. I try to "encourage" her to take a nap around the same time Carolyn does, to salvage my own sanity... so far she's been doing pretty well with it. At night she sleeps about 4 or 5 hours at a time. Other than some gassy, urpy problems after eating, she's a happy and comfortable baby. My mother says that children like this are how you get pregnant again really fast. :) [we have NO immediate plans for this just to clear up any question anyone may have- I am NOT crazy! :)]

1 comment:

lmwatrous said...

This is such a sweet picture.