Friday, February 6, 2009

Still Waiting...

But at least I get to spend time with this sweet princess while I wait for another princess to join our family! :)
We found the tiara at the grocery store this week and somehow it ended up in the cart. :) Her Majesty likes to create masterpieces on the whiteboard with the dry erase markers. :)
On Wednesday I got a special treat- a whole "Personal Day" all to myself!! I had been scheduled to work, but didn't end up having to, so Carolyn went to school for the day and I went to the salon and had my hair done and a super relaxing pedicure (for when I can see my feet again! :)) I also got a whole bunch of pesky errands out of the way and took a nap- it was a great day!!
We've been trying to do fun things with Carolyn this week to just cherish our time together while we are still a family of just 3. Last night we took her to her favorite restaurant: the "peanut restaurant" (Texas Roadhouse). There's really no point in ordering dinner for her there because she eats so many peanuts she never has much appetite for anything else. But we had a good time together.
Today I went with my friend and her girls to an indoor swimming pool and let the kids paddle around in the water. It was a great treat for Carolyn since there aren't a lot of "water" things you can do in Michigan in the middle of the winter.
This was the view I had most of the time I was there. :) Baby Nora is STILL GROWING. I'm a little afraid of giving birth to a 10 pound baby...
But fear or no, I am READY. I'm told that it is SHE who must decide when she's coming- but I've been telling her for days now that it is TIME. Still not a whole lot of signs that it will happen anytime soon, but I guess I didn't have much warning last time either. I'm lucky enough to have a husband capable of monitoring these things and last night he said we'd progressed to 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced and he said my cervix was getting "stretchy." Sounds better than "thick," which is what I was told on Monday. This weekend would be a REALLY GOOD TIME for me.

I've done pretty much everything on my exhaustive list of things to do to occupy my time before she comes... today I finished cleaning out the areas of our closet that have not seen the light of day for at least a couple of years. Also, I learned that even a 9-months-pregnant woman can contort herself enough to clean out a very messy car. I knew it was time to do something about the state of my car when my 2-year-old started throwing her shoes down from her carseat and telling me that she was throwing them in the garbage. :) I'm pleased to report that I have resolved the impromptu biology project that was going on on the rugs in the backseat, removed all the clutter, and vacuumed the rugs. All the car needs now is a car seat base for its new occupant!

Tomorrow we have a few more fun things to do- I'm going to Costco BY MYSELF during naptime and then we got a babysitter for the evening for one last date night together. Of course all plans will happily be rearranged if Miss Nora decides it's finally time. :) We'll keep y'all posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

still praying for this weekend..... I am believing God! Although I would miss you terribly at Bible study!

Anonymous said...

Your ticker says only 4 more days to go!!!!! This WILL result in baby!

MayaMama said...

Don't fear the 10 pound baby! I went 5 days over, gave birth to a 9 lb. 5 oz. baby, and it was a piece of cake! I'd do it a hundred times over! There's truth that the second one is easier (and Brad can attest that my first was anything but easy)!! I wish you luck, my dear! It will be over soon! She can't stay in there forever!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, that car sounds like a Locker I once knew ;-)