Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For Ammy

My mom can't stand being even a couple hours away from such a quickly-changing baby! She insists that I post at least one picture from each day for her so she can keep up with how fast Baby Nora is growing. :) I'm an overachiever today- here are five pictures, Mom! :) Of course I'm no professional... but I do think my daughters are awfully cute! :)
Early tummy time...
First "real" bath went over really well... Big sister still loves to help. :)
Nora's hair is starting to puff up kind of like Carolyn's did at this age, especially after a bath!
The couple hours between about 8 and 10 are some of my favorite hours of the day- especially when Brad can be home! After Miss Carolyn is safely in bed for the night, we can spend this special time just focusing on Nora; there aren't very many other times of the day when we can really give our full attention to snuggling her!
Everyone says Nora looks so much like Carolyn did at the same age- I think it's got a lot to do with the mop of hair! But daily to me she seems to be taking on a look of her own, and though there's no denying they are sisters, she is starting to look less like a flashback to Carolyn and more like her own sweet self. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom's out visiting, and we just enjoyed looking through your posts from over the past few days--what a couple of cuties!

Transplant said...

I guess if the post is titled "For Ammy," Ammy had better comment!

She's absolutely adorable! The tummy time picture looks a little Asian. I think maybe it's because her eyes are not completely open. Maybe she's not so sure she likes tummy time!

My favorite is the 4th, where she has this really thoughtful look, like the world is just coming into focus and she's deciding what she thinks about it.

Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

The one with her eyes open reminds me a ton of your younger sister. But we all know that it changes weekly!

Corrie and Phil said...

I love the poofy hair picture. Nora is absolutely beautiful! I also enjoyed reading your birth story. Thanks for sharing it! I hope that you are feeling well and adjusting to life as a family of four! ENJOY!

Chris and Kelly said...

Love, Love, LOVE the hair! Wish Bella's was that dark and thick, but alas, she took after Daddy who had peach fuzz till he was a year old! Better luck for us next time I guess!