Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big Sister and Little Sister

One of my very favorite things about today was seeing Carolyn meet her new baby sister. She did great! Of course, Carolyn is very TWO, so she can be a little unpredictable at times, but overall she seemed to have a sense of how gentle you need to be around a baby. She unfortunately also had an irresistible urge to touch and kiss the baby's face... but we'll work on that and in the meantime pray that Baby Nora is protected from any germs her well-intentioned big sister might be carrying around.
She liked playing peekaboo with the baby.
And of course there were lots and lots of kisses and sister love.
Carolyn loved being able to give the baby a big hug (with Ammy right there of course to hold her up!)
And now, we are officially a family of four! :)

11 comments:

Michelle said...

i think that last picture is my favorite- brad holding nora and nora's mouth wide open! so precious! can't even wait to meet her!

Amy Sikkema said...

Incredible! I am so happy she came a few days early for you! What a wonderful family of four!

Anonymous said...

I love it! And seeing Nora up against him, next to Carolyn show just how tiny she really is! I can't wait to feel better and snuggle this little one who I feel like I waited my whole life for!

Kara said...

EB, you look amazing! And that last picture of Nora is hilarious with her mouth all open, I love all those crazy faces you can catch newborns making!

Anonymous said...

ditto to michelle's comment--that last picture is just so adorable. you two look just elated, and carolyn and nora are super precious :)

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

they are SO sweet and cute together! I love the pic of the four of you too - just a beautiful family.

Erica said...

She is so beautiful. Congrats you guys. We can't wait to meet her.

The Millers said...

We were so excited to meet baby Nora yesterday! I love the pic of the four of you together. What a beautiful family God has blessed you with. Children are truly an awesome gift from Him! Carolyn is going to be a great big sister. Loved her T-shirt!

KjP said...

FYI...The "Dream Team," specifically KP and Morgan feel especially cheated that you didn't deliver on our weekend aka your due date. Well, she's cute anyway even without our help!! Can't believe how much she looks like Carolyn as a newborn!! Lots of love you all! KP and Morgan

Cindy said...

I'm glad the Dr. was able to deliver your precious baby after spending so much time delivering all her hair! WOW! Congrats guys on two beautiful, precious girls.

Anonymous said...

congrats! They are both just beautiful!