Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter

It can be sorta pretty sometimes! Brad had a late start yesterday morning so I took advantage of the opportunity to get the dry cleaning dropped off early and this is what I saw from my driveway. We've had a lot of COLD, ice, and snow lately (that's what Michigan is all about I guess) and mostly I just get tired of driving in it and wish I could take my little girl outside more- but sometimes I am struck with the beauty of it.

Please keep us and our current relocation dilemma in your prayers. You can read a more detailed explanation here on my other blog that I update very infrequently and really only my mother and I are interested in that much verbiage anyway... but the short story is that we have been trying to discern God's will for where we should go when Brad finishes residency in just six more months (yay!) for a long time now. For the past several months we have been seriously investigating our options for staying in Grand Rapids because we love the snow sooo much (okay not because of the snow; it's because of the family really- my whole family lives relatively close to GR and all plan to relocate to this area in the next few years! We'd leave the snow in a heartbeat!)- one of those options has finally issued a contract to Brad to be discussed and hopefully amended on Wednesday night this week at 5pm. There are some significant things that would need to change in this contract in order for this to become a realistic possiblity for us and we really need wisdom, humility, and patience as we tread this unfamiliar path of negotiation.

Please pray that we would be able to see what God wants for us and that we would be willing to follow wherever that might take us and whatever that might mean, whether it is moving to another state, or accepting a financial picture that is not quite what we dreamed and planned together as we looked forward to this long-anticipated day when we would "have money." [side: that last part sounds so funny as we know that we are blessed indeed to be in the position that we are in even if the dollars don't quite add up to what we might have expected them to five years ago when we graduated med school with massive debt and five years of residency to look forward to!] As I have more information (which, as my frustrated rant on my other blog clearly states, has not been as forthcoming or clear in ANY part of this process as I would have liked it to be!) I will share with you, o faithful blog audience and friends. :) We thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying daily. I am kind of selfish and really don't want you to leave!

Kara said...

We're praying for you too, EB! We find ourselves somewhat in the same situation, with my graduation (hopefully) eminent, the job opportunities that I'd always hoped would be there just aren't (thanks so much, cruddy economy!) and our dreams of not living on just a teacher's salary are not looking as bright! I keep reminding myself of the Jeremiah 19 verse that God has a plan for me, and a plan to prosper me, not to harm me, but bring me hope and a future. And I totally agree with you, there's nothing like pregnancy to make a woman feel like everything needs to be settled RIGHT NOW because I cannot bear the instability! But we'll wait through the unstable times for that hopeful, prosperous future God has for both our families- because, really, what else are we going to do? :)

Anonymous said...

i have to be honest--i hopped on today wondering about your thoughts on today's big event :) i didn't find anything about the inauguration, but, i'm so glad i peeked at your blog so i can pray for you & brad about this HUGE decision... oh, and i got your sweet note today. i love you, dear friend.