This was our second semester with Miss Lynette's Kindermusik class, and this week we had our last class- the one where you can bring the whole family and there's a party with snacks afterward. We had a great time with this session- Carolyn really grew up a lot in the last several months and seemed to enjoy all the different parts of class more than she had when we first started. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next session goes- it will be our last in "Our Time" and then she will move up in the fall to the big kids' class! I can't believe that we are THAT close to THREE! June 30 seems a lot closer from this side of Christmas...
But anyway, Brad was (miraculously!) able to get off work in time to come with us to class and we enjoyed showing him all the fun we've been having.

There are always fun new things on family night- this time all the kids got to play with a bunch of spoons Miss Lynette brought to use as instruments.

Carolyn enjoyed banging her spoons against Daddy's to make a fun noise.

"Cleaning the kitchen" with fun scarves (pink of course :))

Carolyn's favorite part of Kindermusik class is "My Rocking Song," as she calls it (there's a sweet, slow song and all the mommies pick up the kids and hold and rock them somehow during the song). It's funny, because last semester, she wouldn't even let me hold her for any length of time, and now she can't seem to get enough of it- provided, of course, that I'm standing up while I do it... which is getting physically more challenging! But even though my back screams out when I do this, my mommy's heart loves this unique time to hold BOTH my girls. You can see from the picture that Baby Nora is growing quickly! We have just a little more than a month to go! :)
And I'll end this post with a brief reference to my previous one- apologies for taking forever to move my long text down with a new post with pictures! It has been another busy, busy week, and I find myself so tired now at the end of the day that I really just don't have much left for blogging- or anything else I used to do after putting Carolyn to bed. I do thank you though for many sweet comments; as usual I can't believe that many people actually read that thing because it was so long! It's always so encouraging for me to hear feedback from others- so thanks! :) Now that my "crisis moment" has passed, everyone seems to be feeling better- and last night Carolyn was so tired that she actually did sleep in her bed! So we'll see... no doubt it won't be the last time that her will meets mine in the great, epic parent-child struggle- and I have to determine whether it's a battle I will fight to the bitter end, or whether it's one I need to let go. Being a parent can be so hard at times! But worth it, SO worth it!
3 comments:
I was going to say the same thing! Holding both your girls at the same time! I can't wait for Laney to let me hold her for more than 5 seconds! And you look adorable! I can't wait to see that belly in person this weekend!
The picture of you and Carolyn AND Nora is definetly one for the wall. I love the expressions on both of your faces. I think they both read "happy and content". Hang in there, only one more month!
i love this last photo... so beautiful!
Post a Comment