I am going to miss being just Carolyn and Daddy and me... in a sense it does feel a little bittersweet for anything, even something so wonderful as another child, to change what we've had for the past 2 and 1/2 years- but I am SO "ready" to hold this sweet baby in my arms and feel our hearts and home swell to encompass that infinite love that a child brings! I saw the doctor today and I'm dilated to 1cm- which means just about NOTHING (except it DOES sound a little better than the "fingertip" I was last week)- I never got any further than 1cm until I was about to go into labor with Carolyn. I've had a lot more contractions with this one, but nothing that feels "real." The silver lining of today was that I didn't gain any weight since last week! Of course, I celebrated this by taking Carolyn out to IHOP where I'm sure I got 5 more pounds... but it was so good! :)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Beached Whale
The last few weeks of pregnancy are like a time warp. There's a very good chance that in 3 weeks we will be holding Baby Nora in our arms and no longer sleeping through the night... but right now I feel like that might just take FOREVER! Three weeks to the rest of the normal world doesn't sound like very long... but it feels like a really long time when you look like THIS!
None of my clothes fit anymore... but I'm not about to buy new ones at this point... so I just make do with the wonderful BellaBands I got for Christmas that hold up my pants and waddle around let it all hang out sometimes. :)
I think I will miss this though when Baby Nora isn't in my tummy anymore. Carolyn is so sweet to her- she loves to hug my belly and say "I love you Baby No-Wah." I'm sure that she will have some adjustment pains when it comes down to it, but she is so excited to be a big sister! She talks about it all the time! The other day we were talking about Baby Nora and I asked her if Mommy would still love her when Baby Nora comes (of course wanting her to know that I will ALWAYS love her!) She said "Nooo" (in that, "how silly are you Mommy?" voice)- and then said "BOTH! Mommy love BOTH Baby No-wah AND Carolyn!" How sweet is THAT?
I am going to miss being just Carolyn and Daddy and me... in a sense it does feel a little bittersweet for anything, even something so wonderful as another child, to change what we've had for the past 2 and 1/2 years- but I am SO "ready" to hold this sweet baby in my arms and feel our hearts and home swell to encompass that infinite love that a child brings! I saw the doctor today and I'm dilated to 1cm- which means just about NOTHING (except it DOES sound a little better than the "fingertip" I was last week)- I never got any further than 1cm until I was about to go into labor with Carolyn. I've had a lot more contractions with this one, but nothing that feels "real." The silver lining of today was that I didn't gain any weight since last week! Of course, I celebrated this by taking Carolyn out to IHOP where I'm sure I got 5 more pounds... but it was so good! :)
I am going to miss being just Carolyn and Daddy and me... in a sense it does feel a little bittersweet for anything, even something so wonderful as another child, to change what we've had for the past 2 and 1/2 years- but I am SO "ready" to hold this sweet baby in my arms and feel our hearts and home swell to encompass that infinite love that a child brings! I saw the doctor today and I'm dilated to 1cm- which means just about NOTHING (except it DOES sound a little better than the "fingertip" I was last week)- I never got any further than 1cm until I was about to go into labor with Carolyn. I've had a lot more contractions with this one, but nothing that feels "real." The silver lining of today was that I didn't gain any weight since last week! Of course, I celebrated this by taking Carolyn out to IHOP where I'm sure I got 5 more pounds... but it was so good! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You look beautiful!
Can't wait to see the little one soon! Rest and relax, EB. Enjoy these final last days with Carolyn alone. She will treasure that!
She'll be here soon. I just went through that and totally know how you feel. Hang in there! Good luck with L & D!
When Bethany was a week late with Joaquin, Rachel and I actually drug her to Motherhood and made her buy a $40 maternity shirt, reasoning that if she spent that much money on a shirt at that stage in her pregnancy, she'd for sure only wear it once! She did have him two days later (when her doctor had her induced) but still, I think the reasoning behind it is still pretty sound!
Ok, seriously, yor pregnancy ticker is cruel!
EB - I looked at my schedule and have decided that today would be good. :) TD
Post a Comment