Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fall Day at the Zoo

On Friday our little playgroup went to the zoo. It's not the most spectacular zoo and many of the animals have already migrated south because Winter will be here before we know it... but we enjoyed ourselves and some of the animals that were there (like the bears) were more active than I've typically seen in zoos. :) We all enjoyed the frolicking of these big bears.Trying for a picture... can't get everyone to look AND smile at the same time. :) Rachel couldn't be with us due to a last minute conflict, but we missed her!
Although we paid $6 to see the animals, Carolyn's favorite part was crunching in the leaves under some of the trees! I was so bummed that my camera's battery died and Christi's was on the wrong mode so most of the pictures didn't come out... but she was so cute playing in the leaves! In some ways I think I actually enjoyed it more because I wasn't taking pictures, but just watching her play. :)
This would have been much better had the light been right, but BOTH Aidan and Carolyn were smiling real smiles and thoroughly enjoying themselves... Caimon had to leave before the leaves... but we had fun.

1 comment:

Transplant said...

The very first picture she looks a LOT like her mommy!

The big smile as she is looking out of the play structure, that's got to be a daddy look. What do you think? I haven't seen his baby pictures.